ISO/TS 16949 - Foundation
This course enables the participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an automotive related quality management system based on ISO/TS 16949:2009, The participant will learn the different components of an automotive related quality management system (AQMS), including management systems that are mostly used by organizations, QMS controls and measures, personnel and their roles, training requirements, production process, reducing production waste, and dealing with customer production requirements.
Who should attend?
- Members of a Quality team,
- Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of automotive QMS,
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO/TS 16949 standard,
- Staff involved in operations related to the quality management system of the organization,
- To understand the implementation of a quality management system in accordance with ISO/TS 16949.
- To understand the relationship between the components of an Automotive Quality Management System and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization.
- To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively managing an Automotive related Quality Management System.
- To acquire the necessary knowledge to contribute in implementing an Automotive QMS as specified in ISO/TS 16949.
Day 1: Introduction to Automotive QMS concepts as required by ISO/TS 16949
- Introduction to the ISO/TS 16949 family of standards
- Introduction to AQMS and the process approach
- Fundamental principles of AQMS
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of the ISO/TS 16949 standard
Day 2: Implementing requirements from ISO/TS 16949:2009 and Certification Exam
- Implementation phases of the ISO/TS 16949 framework
- Continual improvement of AQMS
- Conducting an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- Certified ISO/TS 16949 Foundation Exam
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases,
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation,
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “Certified ISO/TS 16949 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of automotive quality management
- Domain 2: Automotive related Quality Management System (AQMS)
- The “Certified ISO/TS 16949 Foundation” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 1 hour
- For more information about exam, refer to PECB section on ISO/TS 16949 Foundation Exam
- A certificate of Certified ISO/TS 16949 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.
- For more information about ISO/TS 16949 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO/TS 16949 Foundation Certification.
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price.
- A student manual containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants.
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) will be issued to participants.
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions.