Organizing and Attending Effective Business Meetings
Price: 1000 AED
Duration: 7 Hours
Conducting effective and productive meetings can make a lot of difference organization's performance especially since time and resources required to conduct meetings are often limited. Our proven training program equips the participants with all the skills and qualities along with practical experience, to effectively organize and contribute towards efficient and productive meetings.
The following topics are covered:
Module1: Introduction to meeting process
- Identifying the purpose of the meeting and when it is warranted.
- Identifying different type of costs(including non-financial) involved in organizing and conducting a meeting
- The 6 different types of meeting
- Discussion of the following: attendees, chair, the agenda and the minutes
- Identifying the Roles and responsibilities of attendees and the chair
Module 2: Effective Planning and preparation
- The 5 Wh-questions for meeting planning
- Setting the objectives and outcomes of meeting
- The check list, Sending notifications, Minutes taking, and Feedback taking
- Tips for short meetings
- Role of technology and its effective usage in a meeting.
Module 3: Effective participation and Controlling of a meeting
- Timekeeping and Dealing with delays and disruptions
- Identifying negative behavior and dealing with it
- Identifying how organizational culture and regional culture affects the conduct of a meeting
- Identifying and interpreting non-verbal communication in a meeting
- Tips for effective participation for attendees
- Directing a meeting – the chair and the seniors
Module 4: Concluding a Meeting and Follow-up process
- Finishing positively
- Improving contribution from less active participants
- Check for acknowledgment and agree to the next steps
- Taking feedback if required.
- Post Meeting review
- Reporting and minutes distribution
- Planning for the next meeting if necessary.
Who is it for:
- Managers, Secretaries, PAs
- Anyone who has to organize or attend meetings in an organization.
- Understand the need for effective meeting in terms of optimal use of resources
- Understand the different types of meetings and procedures involved.
- Understand roles attendees assume and the various behavioral patterns they exhibit.
- Effective use of Time and Conflict management techniques for productive meetings
- Able to plan and prepare for an effective meeting with industry best practices.
- Effectively use communication and interpersonal skills to contribute in a meeting
- Effectively use communication and interpersonal skills to manage and direct a meeting.
- The Training will be delivered in line with the latest adult learning principles.
- The training program is highly interactive in nature with training delivered with a combination of lectures, Prezi-presentations, practical examples, activities, role-plays, mock sessions, video presentations, discussions, energizers, Q&A and re-cap sessions etc.
- Trainees will be provided with courseware which includes, study material, handouts, and activity sheets etc.