ISO/TS 16949 - Lead Auditor
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the needed expertise to audit a Quality Management System in the Automotive industry (AQMS) based on ISO 16949 and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO 17021 standards. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
Who should attend?
- Internal auditors,
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Automotive related Quality Management System certification audits,
- Production managers or consultants wanting to master the Automotive QMS audit process,
- Individuals responsible for the Quality Management or conformity in an organization,
- Members of a production quality team,
- Expert advisors in Automotive QMS field,
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for Automotive QMS audit function.
- To acquire expertise to perform an ISO 16949 audit following ISO 19011 guidelines
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 16949 audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and ISO 17021 specifications
- To acquire the expertise necessary to manage a AQMS audit team
- To understand the operation of an ISO 16949 conformant Automotive QMS
- To understand the relationship between an AQMS and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, and audit decision-making in the context of an Automotive QMS
Day 1: Introduction to QMS concepts as required by ISO/TS 16949
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to Quality Management
- Different Management systems
- ISO/TS 16949 certification process
- Fundamental principles of Quality Management, AQMS and the process approach
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO/TS 16949
Day 2: Planning and initiating an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence
- Preparation of an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- AQMS documentation audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
Day 3: Conducting an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of audit findings
- Documenting nonconformities
Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- Monitoring the AQMS
- ISO/TS 16949 Internal Audit
- Management review of the AQMS
- Treatment of non-conformities
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO/TS 16949 certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO/TS 16949 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 is recommended.
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “Certified ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of quality management in automotive industry
- Domain 2: Automotive Quality Management System
- Domain 3: Fundamental Audit concepts and Principles
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- Domain 5: Conducting of an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO/TS 16949 audit
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 16949 audit program
- The “Certified ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about exam, refer to PECB section on ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor Exam
- After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO/TS 16949 Provisional Auditor, Certified ISO/TS 16949 Auditor or Certified ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor, depending on their level of experience.
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
- For more information about certification, refer to PECB section on ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor Certification.
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price.
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants.
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants.
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions.