ISO/TS 16949 - Lead Implementer
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Quality Management System in Automotive industry (AQMS) based on ISO/TS 16949:2009. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement management systems in automotive production field, with methodologies based on requirements of ISO/TS 16949. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with ISO 9004 guidance’s (Managing for the sustained success of an organization – A quality management approach).
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a quality management system in automotive industry,
- Automotive production quality executives and/or automotive quality engineers,
- ISO/TS 16949 auditors who wish to fully understand the AQMS implementation process,
- Persons responsible for the quality or conformity in an organization,
- Members of a quality team,
- Expert advisors in Automotive Quality Management Systems,
- Technical experts (Quality technicians, plant managers, automotive production managers, manager of automotive services, operations managers, CEOs, CFOs etc.) who want to prepare for a quality function or for an AQMS project management function.
- To understand the implementation and management of Automotive Quality Management Systems in accordance with ISO/TS 16949.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an AQMS.
- To understand the relationship between the components of a quality management system in the automotive production sector and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization.
- To acquire necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a AQMS as specified in ISO/TS 16949 which is in conjunction with ISO 9001.
- To acquire necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/TS 16949.
- To develop knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the implementation and management of quality management systems in the automotive industry.
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of continual improvement process.
- To prepare an organization for an ISO/TS 16949 audit.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/TS 16949 and initiation of an AQMS project
- Normative frameworks and methodologies related to AQMS
- Fundamental principles of AQMS
- Initiating the AQMS implementation
- Understanding the organization and quality objectives
Day 2: Plan the implementation of the AQMS project based on ISO/TS 16949
- Analyze the existing management system
- Leadership and approval of the AQMS project
- Definition of the AQMS scope
- Definition of quality management policies in automotive industry
- Planning of product realization phase
- Definition of organizational structure of the AQMS
- Defining document management processes
Day 3: Deploying the AQMS based on ISO/TS 16949
- Operations management of the AQMS
- Development of training and awareness program
- Communication plan
- Product requirements and purchasing processes
- Product/Service realization processes and control
Day 4: Monitoring and measuring an AQMS; certification audit of the AQMS
- Monitoring the AQMS
- ISO/TS 16949 Internal Audit
- Management review of the AQMS
- Treatment of non-conformities
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
Preparing for an ISO/TS 16949 certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO/TS 16949 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 is recommended.
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- The “Certified ISO/TS 16949 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of quality management in automotive industry
- Domain 2: Automotive industry QMS Best Practice based on ISO/TS 16949
- Domain 3: Planning an AQMS based on ISO/TS 16949
- Domain 4: Implementing an AQMS based on ISO/TS 16949
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an AQMS based on ISO/TS 16949
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an AQMS based on ISO/TS 16949
- Domain 7: Preparing for an AQMS certification audit
- The “Certified ISO/TS 16949 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about exam, refer to PECB section on ISO/TS 16949 Lead Implementer Exam
- After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO/TS 16949 Provisional Implementer, Certified ISO/TS 16949 Implementer or Certified ISO/TS 16949 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience.
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
- For more information about ISO/TS 16949 certifications and PECB certification process, refer to PECB section on ISO/TS 16949 Lead Implementer Certification.
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price.
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants.
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants.
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions.