ISO/TS 29001 - Lead Implementer
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing system of petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries, sector specific for product and service supply organizations based on ISO/TS 29001:2010. Participants will gain knowledge on requirement for quality management systems in the exploration and production sector of the petroleum and natural gas industry. Training for this technical specification is based on the management system model of continual improvement stressing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain and service providers.
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of Quality Management System of oil and gas industry
- ISO/TS 29001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Quality Management System (QMS) implementation process
- Persons responsible for the quality or conformity in an organization
- Members of quality team
- Oil and Gas Equipment Manufacturers
- Oil and Gas Company Personnel
- Buyers of equipment, materials or services in Oil and Gas industry
- Expert advisors in Quality Management Systems of oil and gas industry
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for quality function or for QMS project management function in oil and gas industry
- To understand the implementation of Quality Management System of oil and gas industry in accordance with ISO/TS 29001 and to be able to accomplish the requirements for product and service supply from implementation perspective.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of QMS in oil and gas industry
- To understand the relationship between the components of Quality Management System and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization.
- To acquire necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining QMS of oil and gas as specified in ISO/TS 29001.
- To acquire necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/TS 29001.
- To develop knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of sector-specific quality.
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of quality management.
- To prepare an organization for ISO/TS 29001 audit.
Day 1: Introduction to Quality Management System of petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries, sector-specific for product and service supply organizations as required by ISO/TS 29001
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles of sector-specific quality
- Normative frameworks and methodologies related to Quality
- Presentation of the ISO/TS 29001:2010 family standard
Understanding the requirements of ISO/TS 29001:2010 clause-by-clause,
o Quality Management System
o Management responsibility
o Resource management
o Product/Service realization
o Measurement, analysis and improvement
Day 2: Initiating a QMS of oil and gas for products and service project based on ISO/TS 29001
- Selection of the approach and implementation methodology
- Identification and analysis of customer needs and requirements
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of QMS of oil and gas industry
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Drafting QMS (quality manual, procedures, records)
Day 3: Implementing a QMS based on ISO/TS 29001
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the Quality
- Resource management processes (human resources, infrastructure and work environment)
- Product realization processes
- Purchasing process
- Operations management of QMS
Day 4: Controlling, monitoring and measuring a QMS and the certification audit of a QMS in accordance with ISO/TS 29001
- Controlling and monitoring QMS
- Measurement of customer satisfaction
- ISO/TS 29001 internal Audit
- Management review of QMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for ISO/TS 29001 certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO/TS 29001 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO/TS 29001 is recommended
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
o Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
o Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations
o Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
o Practice test similar to the certification exam
- Benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
Examination and Certification
- The "Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer" exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
• Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of sector-specific Quality• Domain 2: Quality Management System Best Practice based on ISO/TS 29001• Domain 3: Planning QMS based on ISO/TS 29001• Domain 4: Implementing QMS based on ISO/TS 29001• Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of QMS based on ISO/TS 29001• Domain 6: Continual improvement of QMS based on ISO/TS 29001• Domain 7: Preparing for QMS certification audit
- The "Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer" exam is available in different languages
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about exam, refer to PECB section on ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer Exam
- After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO/TS 29001 Provisional Implementer, Certified ISO/TS 29001 Implementer or Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential
- For more information, refer to ISO/TS 29001 certifications
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions