Cross Culture Intelligence and Communication
Price: 1500 AED
Duration: 12 Hours
Cross culture intelligence is one skill all globalized work places require. With advances in travel and communication, the average office is globalized and comprises of individuals from varied cultures and countries. Organizations operate across different countries with diverse staff with diverse cultural back grounds. In order to work effectively as a team, and achieve business objectives, diverse staff need to understand each other in terms of culture and communicate effectively. Our comprehensive and updated Cross cultural training course equips the 21st century managers and executives with the necessary skills and competencies to work in a diverse multicultural work place and an international destination like UAE.
- Defining Culture, identify the major constituent factors in defining a particular culture including norms, customs, values and beliefs.
- Defining Cross cultural intelligence, awareness, communication and sensitivity and the need for it from a personal and professional point of view
- Concept of Cross cultural intelligence and Communication and its role and importance from a personal and professional point of view
- The Iceberg Concept of culture- Fallacy of Stereotyping people
- Concept of culture shock, the common contributors to it, and primary coping strategies
- Understanding Lewis model for cross cultural analysis and its role as an analytical tool in defining behavior, International communication, Management, Business functions etc... across countries.
- Steps and strategies in establishing rapport and building trust in a multicultural work place
- Practical Cross cultural communication- concept of high context and low context cultures and how communication is affected.
- Interpretation and usage of Verbal skills, Body language and Active listening for effective cross cultural communication
- Preparing yourself for an international and diverse work place. Techniques and factors to consider.
- Building trust, rapport and cooperation between staff in a culturally diverse workplace.
Who is this training for:
- All prospective and current managers, executives who operates in multicultural office and business environment.
- All managers and executives, frequently travelling to various international destinations with specific business objectives.
- Understand the role and importance Cross culture intelligence, sensitivity and communication in a globalized work place.
- Understand and define cross cultural sensitivity, awareness, intelligence and communication and its implications in global business and work place.
- Understand the need for and learn techniques to foster trust, rapport and cooperation at work place through cultural understanding
- Understand various cross cultural models including Lewis and Hofstede models and its practical usage.
- Identify the various styles of verbal and nonverbal communication across cultures, and its significance from a social and business point of view along with techniques to overcome the communication barriers, arising out of cultural differences.