BCE - Business Continuity Essential Management Systems Certification
Open up new opportunities for your business, understand and prioritize the threats, and show compliance with ISO 22301 by obtaining BCE certification.
Certification under BCE is granted to the companies that want to build new opportunities, identify and manage current and future threats, which are in the process of implementing the ISO 22301. PECB is delighted to give this certification to companies that are in the process of establishing the entire principles of the ISO 22301 in the near future. With this certification, companies will show compliance to the key clauses in their management system, such as:
- Understanding of the organization and it’s context
- The organization’s activities, functions, services, products, partnerships, supply chains, relationships with interested parties, and the potential impact related to a disruptive incident
- Determining of the scope of the business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Define the external and internal factors that create the uncertainty that gives rise to risk
- Ensuring management’s support for the implementation
- Operational planning for the information security risk assessment and treatment
- Asset management
- Access control approach
- Operations security
|What is BCE about?
BCE constitutes the requirements from ISO 22301 which allow various departments of your company to provide a practical framework for setting up and managing an effective business continuity management system with less guidance from management – without putting in risk the fundamental ideas behind the ISO 22301 framework. Implementing the PECB’s BCE framework and obtaining the certification for your organization, provides to your partners and customers the assurance that you have the ability to continue operating during adverse conditions, giving them peace of mind that you are a reliable supplier and can address the challenges involved in an efficient way.
The design objectives for this new certification scheme:
- Easy to implement
- Faster implementation
- Reduced management involvement
- Leverage existing ISO 22301 skills of your staff to 100%
||Benefits of BCE certification
- Reduced implementation efforts through reduced number of controls
- Less than half of the costs compared to the ISO 22301 implementation and certification
- Helps you save costs by reducing costs of tendering
- No extra training necessary for already certified ISO 22301 implementers and auditors through 100% compatibility with ISO 22301
- Demonstrates to key stakeholders (customers, suppliers and partners) that your organization is resilient
- Increases your competitive advantage and enhances your reputation
- Very feasible step stone to achieve full ISO 22301 certification
- Increases the organization’s credibility for partners and customers
- Ensures continuity of provided products and services and reduces impacts of emergencies and breakdowns
- Ensures compliance with legislation, regulators and customers
BCE certification (also known as “registration”) is granted by a third-party, such as PECB, upon verifying through an audit that the organization has fulfilled the considered essential clauses. This certification is then maintained through scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification of the Business Continuity performed on a triannual basis.
Contact us to find out how we can assist you in attaining BCE Certification.