EME -Environmental Management Essential
Boost your company's reputation by enhancing cost effective environmental performance with EME Certification.
EME Certification is dedicated to organizations that demonstrate compliance in relation to the implementation of Environmental Management Systems according to ISO 14001. PECB is delighted to offer EME certification to all the companies that are in operating procedures of encountering the entire set of EMS requirements within a short time. With this certification, companies will prove conformity to the key clauses implemented in their management system, such as:
- Knowing the context of the organization
- Determining the scope of the environmental management system
- Building communication channels
- Ensuring management’s support for the implementation
- Establishing internal and external communication processes
- Creating and maintaining documented information and their controls
- Defining and implementing operational control to minimize negative environmental impacts
- Planning actions to prevent or mitigate any risk
|What is EME about?
EME is a systematic approach to managing your organization’s impacts on the environment by implementing essential requirements with less guidance from management – without neglecting the importance of ISO 14001 core. PECB’s EME framework implementation and certification are demonstrating your devotedness to planning, implementing and reviewing organization environmental impacts with cost effective outcomes.
The design objectives for this new certification scheme:
- Easy to implement
- Reduced management involvement
- Leverage existing ISO 14001 EMS skills of your staff to 100%
||Benefits of EME certification
- Reduced implementation efforts through reduced number of requirements
- Less than half of the costs compared to the ISO 14001 EMS implementation and certification
- No extra training necessary for already certified ISO 14001 EMS implementers and auditors through 100% compatibility with ISO 14001 EMS
- Reduced training costs for staff not familiar with ISO 14001 EMS
- No voided implementation efforts when moving to full blown ISO 14001 EMS
- Marketing advantage through international recognition of the certificate
- Very feasible step stone to achieve full ISO 14001 EMS certification
EME certification (also known as “registration”) is granted by a third-party, such as PECB, upon verifying through an audit that the organization has fulfilled the considered essential clauses. This certification is then maintained through scheduled annual surveillance audits by the registrar, with re-certification of the Environmental Management performed on a triannual basis.
Contact us to find out how we can assist you in attaining EMS Certification.