Price: AED 5,500
Duration: 24 Hours
WORLD ENERGY DEMAND & SHALE GAS
- Introduction to Unconventional Resources Shale Gas Fundamentals, definitions, world data resources.
HYDROCARBONS IN UNCONVENTIONAL SETTINGS
- Exploration aspects: geology and geochemistry.
SHALE GAS STIMULATION
- Hydraulic fracturing, micro-seismicity interpretation, stress and mapping of fractures.
- Status on fracturing technologies.
- Completion design, well orientation, spacing, re-fracturing, fracture load recovery, tracers.
SHALE GAS PETROPHYSICS
- Status of petrophysical evaluation of shale gas accumulations.
SHALE GAS RESOURCES
- Evaluation of resources (in place and technically recoverable). Methodology.
PRODUCTIVITY & FIELD DEVELOPMENT
- Well productivity assessment.
- Field development case study:
- Establish well pattern.
- Estimate the plateau rate and duration.
- Build field development spread-sheet.
- Economics of development of shale gas – Production costs.
- Discussions around controversial issues:
- Impact on water resources by handling large volumes of water. Water treatment.
- Impact on aquifers by drilling and fracturing.
- Environmental impact of shale gas drilling projects.
- Environmental impact of chemicals.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- discuss the fundamentals of gas shale formation evaluation,
- discuss about assessment and improvement of unconventional developments productivity,
- discuss about economic and environmental issues of unconventional developments.