Price: AED 3,000
Duration: 16 Hours
The course business writing will give you clear guidelines and practice in how to write better internal and external correspondence. You will learn how to plan your business writing carefully, and how to professionally structure different forms of business correspondence.
To review the principles of basic Business Writing. To learn a step-by-step plan towards more effective and efficient business communication. To know what to put at the beginning, the middle, and the end, of each piece of writing. To understand the difference between formal and informal language, and when each is appropriate.
- The Ten Principles of Business Writing. Your Barriers to Good Writing
- The Five ‘W’s As A Writing Guide
- The Stages of Writing (Planning, Drafting, Revising, Proofreading).
- A Framework for Business Communication
- Effective Beginnings and Endings
- Useful Phrases for Common Situations
- Focus on Grammar
- Definite and Indefinite Articles (The, An, A)
- Using Prepositions of Time, Place, And Movement (On, In, At, To, Etc.)
- Uncountable Nouns
- Review of Common Verb Tenses, Including ‘Stative’ Verbs
- Style and Tone
- The Clarity Index
- Structuring Your Message Logically
- Email Etiquette
- Logical Sequencing of Information
- Planning A Persuasive Report – A Suggested Template
- How to Write Agendas for Meetings
- How to Write Minutes of Meetings
- Appropriate Complimentary Closes
- Proof Reading
Who should Attend
People who wish to significantly improve their written communication should attend this two-day program. It is the ideal way to learn the basic skills of written communication in the English language. It is a course that is suitable for everyone in business who must communicate using the written word. It requires at least a working knowledge of English and basic grammar.