Price: AED 5,500
Duration: 1 day
Negotiation skills can help you achieve aims and solve problems. It is about reaching win:win solutions, where all parties feel the outcome is fair. This course will help you understand the process of negotiation – how to prepare, having clear aims and objectives, how and when to use different negotiating styles, strategies and tactics. It will give you the confidence to be a successful negotiator. You will also have the opportunity of practising your new skills with video feedback.
- Your values and how they impact on your negotiations skills
- Understanding the nature of the gap between you and the other party
- What does win:win really mean?
- Preparing for a negotiation
- know yourself and your preferred negotiation style
- being clear about your aims, setting objectives
- finding out as much as you can about the other party’s needs and aspirations
- developing a strategy for success
- Conducting a negotiation
- establishing a productive environment
- your negotiating team and their roles
- opening a negotiation
- five top tips for negotiators
- recognising and dealing with ‘underhand’ tactics and manipulation
- finding imaginative solutions rather than beating the other party into the ground
- Skills you will need
- assertiveness – how to be assertive, but not aggressive, in negotiations
- questioning skills
- listening skills
- summarising and synthesising skills
Who is this course for?
This course is highly interactive, with opportunities to practise individuals negotiation skills in communication techniques.
This negotiation skills course is designed for anyone whose work involves negotiation or persuasion – with individuals or in groups. We works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
Excepted: The Center UK, 2021.