Price: AED 2,000
Duration: 2-3 days
Adolescents – youth counsellor course provides an effective support to the psychological and emotional distress of those in need and plays a pivotal role in the overall well being of the society. This Comprehensive and experiential youth training program provides the participants with a general overview of role and functions of a youth counsellor. It also equips them with a set of skills and competencies so as to effectively work as counsellors with young adults.
- Youth counsellor course is designed to respond the need of aspirant young counsellor to practiced their counseling techniques.
- Gain a basic level of understanding of Counseling as a support process, role and functions of a youth counsellor.
- Gain and practice various skills and competencies required for a counselling.
- Understand the basic theories and approaches used in effective Counselling
- Gain insights into various issues experienced by young adults that require Counselling
- Gain a beginner level understanding of counselling process and practices so as to effectively function as counsellors within the scope.
- Introduction to Counselling- Role and Functions of a Counsellor
- Coaching, Mentoring and Counselling
- Counselling Skills- Interpersonal skills for counsellors-Confidence, Attitude
- Communication skills for Counsellors- Verbal and Non-Verbal skills
- The art of effective listening.
- Probing and Prompting techniques for effective Counselling
- Understanding Motivation and motivational drivers
- The conscious, subconscious and unconscious minds
- Defense mechanisms of the mind
- Approaches to Counselling: Existential Counselling
- Introduction to Gestalt theory
- Role of psychometrics in counselling for skill building
- Common Youth issues: Bullying at study place, Adult abuse, Peer pressure, Substance abuse,
- Common youth issues contd.: physiological conditions, Obesity, Hormones, and Sexuality etc.
Topics Covered contd…
- Stress, Anxiety and depression Causes and Coping techniques
- Anger, Aggression, Passive aggression-Managing techniques
- Introduction to cognitive behavioral therapy CBT
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and its role in Counselling, with special emphasis on empathy and sensitivity
- Practical Counselling-Framework
- Ethics in Counselling: Maintaining Confidentiality and trust,
Who is it for:
- All eligible candidates, who wish to gain a basic level competencies in Youth Counselling Process.
- All interested individuals who are aspirant counsellor can join this Youth Counsellor course.
- The Training will be delivered in line with the latest adult learning principles.
- The training program is highly interactive in nature with training delivered with a combination of lectures, Prezi-presentations, practical examples, activities, role-plays, video presentations, discussions and energizers in between.
- Each session will have activities involving; mock sessions/role-plays/group tasks, followed by discussion and debrief, Q&A and re-cap sessions.
- Trainees will be provided with courseware which includes, study material, handouts, and activity sheets etc.